Source: Gina Mendolo
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c vegetable shortening
- 3/4 c peanut butter
- 1/3 c white sugar
- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 1 T ground flaxseeds mixed with 2 T boiling water
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Hershey’s kisses, unwrapped (approximately 24 – 30 depending on the number of cookies)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream together butter, shortening, peanut butter, and sugars, on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Mix in remaining ingredients (except Hershey’s kisses) until well combined.
- Form dough into 1 inch diameter balls and place on a cookie sheet, leaving room for expansion.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, remove cookies from oven and quickly press a Hershey’s kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Return the cookies to the oven and bake for an additional 2 minutes or until the bottom of the cookie appears golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and enjoy.