- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 cups leek, thinly sliced
- 2 1/4 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add leek; cook 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. (Do not brown.)
- Add potatoes, water, salt, and broth to a large saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add leeks.
- Simmer uncovered for approximately 35 minutes, or until potatoes are very tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer soup to a food processor or blender and blend until desired consistency.
- Stir in cream.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with black pepper.