* 1 1/4 oz. cumin seed
* 1 oz. coriander seed
* 1 oz. turmeric seed
* 1 oz. fenugreek seed
* 3/4 oz. poppy seed
* 1/4 oz. cardamon seeds, removed from pods
* 1/4 oz. mustard seed
* 1 oz. dried chili pods
* 1/2 oz. ground cinnamon
* 1/4 oz. powdered ginger
1. Heat all ingredients, expect the ginger and the cinnamon, in a heavy skillet on a medium flame and gently roast until they turn a few shades darker. Stir occasionally.
2. When the spices are roasted turn off the flame and allow them to cool for a bit.
3. Once cooled, grind everything together to a fine powder.
4. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dark place.